X-Ray/Laboratory Technician I North Broward to West Palm, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp, Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions has a client in need of a X-Ray/Laboratory Technician to work at a large medical practice located in North Broward to West Palm, FL. Schedule will be Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Responsible for keeping a current Florida Department of Health License (RT or BMO). Keep in compliance with continuing education credits and renewal of license.
- Responsible for wearing dosimeter daily and following protocol for turning the dosimeter in on time for readings.
- Performance of diagnostic medical x-rays. Understands and follows proper x-ray techniques outlined in the manual for the clients x-ray scope of practice.
- Responsible for proper care and maintenance of the digital x-ray equipment.
- Responsible for reporting final Radiology Reports, including positive and critical findings.
- Performs laboratory procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology, Microbiology and Spirometry.
- Performs phlebotomy: including venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks.
- Properly prepares specimens for reference lab send outs; including resulting and billing information.
- Reviews and signs the Laboratory Policy & Procedure Manual; X-ray Policy and Procedure Manual annually.
- Understands and follows proper laboratory and xray testing techniques per manufacture guidelines for each test listed in the client's manuals.
- Reports laboratory and x-ray results correctly, accurately and in a timely manner to the healthcare provider; alerting the healthcare provider and following protocol for any critical or out of range values; including radiology reports
- Properly works in the LIS (laboratory information system). Follows procedures for order acknowledgment, resulting and processing orders; including follow up on unresolved tests.
- Keeps the laboratory, x-ray and work area clean and in compliant with the client's and OSHA safety standards; using universal precautions.
- Performance and documentation of laboratory daily/weekly/monthly quality control and instrument maintenance.
- Perform proficiency surveys; testing, documentation and review of results.
- Assist the Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Supervisor with training of co-workers in lab and x-ray procedures.
- Communicates professionally and accurately to providers and managers.
- Provides good customer service in the laboratory to our patients and parents. Identifies themselves to patients and parents.
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies; reorders and stock supplies.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Graduation from a Radiology program (RT or BMO).
Required license: Florida Department of Health License (RT or BMO).
Florida Department of Health Certified Radiologic Technologist License and American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, or Florida Department of Health Basic Machine Operators License for X-Ray and be in Compliance with Continuing Education credits 24 credits total; 12 per year for both.
One year experience with X-Ray. Preferred experience in laboratory procedures and or phlebotomy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of diagnostic medical x-rays with x-ray processing. Knowledge of laboratory quality control requirements. Knowledge of universal precaution procedures in medical safety practices. Skilled in phlebotomy. Ability to communicate with physician staff to efficiently order testing and notify abnormal results. Ability to react calmly to stressful situations. Ability to organize tasks. Knowledge of basic medical terminology. Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly. Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Active CPR certification required.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in North Broward to West Palm, FL.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Job Status: Full Time