Warehouse Floor Coordinator/ Lead
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion's Logistics Division has a client seeking for a Warehouse Floor Coordinator/ Lead. Under the close supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, the primary function of the Floor Coordinator is to coordinate and multitask daily work assigned to each department, maximize warehouse efficiency, high physical demand by required work load, and keep operation expenses at a minimum. Ensures that every department maintains a proper work flow and follows all instructions, procedures and safety regulations.
Required Job Competencies, Team, Management and Leadership Skills:
- 5 years minimum of warehouse experience (2 years on management) on Import / Export.
- Able to communicate clear instructions positively to team to obtain consistent results.
- Knowledge of 5S program and Kaizen to maintain neat, orderly, clean and safe work areas.
- Demonstrates proficient ability to use Sage MAS and RF gun scanner and computer applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office and FedEx, UPS, DHL parcel systems
- Able to work and communicate with other departments for problem solving on a daily basis.
- Able to follow instructions and follow through consistently.
- Strong time management skills to complete assigned work daily.
Education, Skills and/or Experience Needed:
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) a must; able to read, write, understand and communicate.
- Must be able to complete forklift certification process.
- Requires ability to lift, push, pull, items up to 70 lbs.
- High attention to detail and accuracy including but not limited to:
- Good general math skills.
- Capable of solving problems at a moment’s notice.
- Familiar with freight forwarder regulations including documentation requirements
- Able to handle work under stressful conditions
- Able to work in an environment that is sometimes hot or cold and subject to loud noises, hazardous materials, chemicals, etc.
- Required to sit, stand, walk, bend, or reach for extended period of time.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Constant communication with office personnel coordinating work flow by priorities.
- Load and unload merchandise to and from trucks or containers.
- Receiving merchandise and filling out proper documentation.
- Storing received goods and ensuring proper labeling.
- Picking, ensuring quality control, packing, and shipping orders.
- Operate forklift and pallet jack equipment safely and ability to become OSHA certified.
- Perform physical inventory of stock on hand and maintaining perpetual inventory.
- Must be able to interpret system data and key in pertinent information and obtain various reports
- Able to adapt to changes and be flexible to work load requirements. May be subjected to working overtime as required, weekends or irregular hours.
- Able to operate all manual material handling equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - primarily located in a 20 miles radius of Miami, FL area.
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time