About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing is seeking for a Warehouse Associate for a client located in the Weston, FL area.
A warehouse associate is primarily responsible for the physical manipulation of cargo in and out of the warehouse facility. To ensure this task meets customer and internal requirements and is completed in an organized, efficient and safe manner.
- Receives and inspects cargo.
- Submits cargo to test inspection for piece count, weight, dimensions, and physical condition.
- Issues documents verifying test inspection to applicable warehouse departments.
- Identifies and segregates non-conforming and dangerous goods cargo.
- Advises applicable department of such non-conforming cargo.
- Packages cargo as required.
- Labels cargo as required.
- Transfers cargo to staging area for dispatch.
- Loads/unloads trucks, trailers, ocean containers, and airline pallets.
- Maintains clean working areas.
- Arranges cargo within warehouse in designated areas and racks.
- Receives, inspects, issues, and/or distributes all applicable documentation to ensure efficient manipulation of cargo to and from the warehouse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be forklift certified.
Education and/ or experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Good communication skills.
- Diligent attention to details.
- Strong knowledge of geography and routes of local area.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, handle, or feel, talk or hear, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, as well as stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit, taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Weston, FL.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Job Status: Full Time