Warehouse Associate | Fort Lauderdale, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions is looking for a Warehouse Associate to work for a company located in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area. The Warehouse Position is responsible for all general warehouse duties required at the Resource Center, including but not limited to: shipping, packaging and receiving of all product and materials, assisting counter sales with customer orders, maintaining inventory pursuant to company policy and procedures, following all safety standards and requirements within the warehouse according to company policy, OSHA and Hazmat standards; and acting at all times in a manner consistent with our client's core values.
• Accurately and efficiently pulling and filling orders for delivery/counter sales/customers in a timely manner. Ensuring all parts, pieces and serial numbers on the paperwork match the inventory being pulled or received.
• Receiving and stocking incoming inventory from our client's line trucks, as well as, direct shipments from manufacturers.
• Properly preparing transfers between Resource Centers.
• Efficiently and accurately loading and unloading trucks. This includes both common carriers and our client's trucks and vans.
• Accurately and efficiently assigned by the manager.
• Accurately and efficiently receiving and stocking incoming inventory.
• Properly and efficiently preparing outgoing shipments.
• Performing/assisting cycle counts as needed/directed by manager.
• Assisting in locating and moving miscellaneous inventory.
• Maintaining the warehouse in a clean and orderly manner; sweeping the warehouse floor and cleaning debris as needed.
• Safely operating appropriate warehouse equipment including a forklift, hand truck, and pallet jack.
• Maintaining valid forklift certification.
• Following all safety standards and requirements within the warehouse according to company policy, OSHA and Hazmat standards.
• Notifying supervisor of any and all safety concerns; incidents and/or accidents.
• Assisting customers loading merchandise into their vehicles as needed.
• Providing the highest level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Must possess a good work ethic and be able to work well with other team members.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull and handle items weighing up to 75 pounds on a routine basis.
• A minimum of two years of prior experience safely operating warehouse tools and equipment; including but not limited to: basaloid, fork lift, pallet jack, and hand truck.
• Must possess the analytical and cognitive abilities required to accurately perform job functions.
• Must be able to accurately attend to details and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Most possess good communication skills both verbal and written.
• Must be able to work with minimum amount of supervision under stressful conditions.
• Valid Forklift certification a plus.
Physical Environment / Working Conditions
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk and sit on a tile/concrete floor and/or stool for the majority of the workday (approximately 45 hours per week). The employee is regularly required to stand, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; operate a forklift, pallet jack, hand truck and regularly lift up to 75 pounds.
Special vision requirements are near vision; distance vision; peripheral vision.
Work is performed with telephone equipment, computers, fax, printer and scanners.
Warehouse is not conditioned space and can be warm or cool depending on the season
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Albion Staffing Solutions, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications.
Pay: from $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time