Trucking and Logistics Associate
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare, and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion is seeking for a Trucking and Logistics Associate to work in the North Miami, FL area. The candidate would be dealing with frozen food products from de US to other countries. Some will be travelling by truck and some by ocean containers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage all aspect of logistics.
- Arrange cargo booking with carriers, customers and oversea agent, prepares bill of lading and necessary documentation.
- Plan the most appropriate route for shipments, taking account of the hazardous nature of the goods, cost, transit time and security.
- Maintain a variety of computer and related files on assigned projects
- Plan operations and keep track of inventory in the warehouse
- Control transportation related functions of pickups & packs, temporary holding and material transfer.
- Technologically savvy and able to learn new software programs quickly
- Must be detailed oriented, highly organized and efficient
- Must be Bilingual (English - Spanish)
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in the logistics and transportation field.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility in the North Miami, FL area.
Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding company
Pay: $40,000 to $50,000/year
Job Status: Full Time