Truck/ Freight Broker - Laredo, TX
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing is seeking for Truck/ Freight Broker. This is a Direct Hire position.
The Truck/ Freight Broker is responsible for aggressively marketing the company brand to develop and secure an establish carrier base to build capacity according to the strategic plan. The Truck/ Freight Broker is also responsible for purchasing transportation services by qualifying potential contractors and finalizing agreements with customers who entrust their shipments to our organization.
- Receive and track P.O.s from importers/customer service group for pending shipments.
- Retrieve shipment details from CargoWise One (CW1), handle file and execute according to services required.
- Issue shipment handling instructions to carriers, inter-departmental staff and global agent network.
- Answer all customer inquiries in accordance with our company customer service and operational policies.
- Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact.
- Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, and ensure total coverage of our customer's service needs.
- Communicate with and ensure release of the freight from ocean carriers, co-loaders and other service partners.
- Generate and send to our in-house customer broker or designated of arrival and charges and assist in every import / export process required.
- Provide accurate job costing forecast, provisions and ensure all service rates and line items are properly added to the job file.
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions and notify management of any exceptions, problems or if assistance is required.
- Serve as a liaison between Document Processing and customer regarding all shipment details
- Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc. for one-offs and RFQ/RFP and special carrier negotiations
- Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations including but not limited to SOP development and implementation
- Develop and manage a network of outside carriers to ensure adequate capacity for our assigned market
- Dispatch loads to carrier, follows up so that all required documents are returned.
- Maintains control over service, operational and financial expectations through KPIs.
- Negotiate with carriers to meet margin requirements to ensure maximum profitability.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and adequate service levels where freight is picked up and delivered using safe, reliable carriers.
- Maintain carrier files so that they remain current.
- Manage all freight in transit by obtaining adequate updates from carriers/ drivers to monitor movement and ensure on time delivery.
- Meets or exceeds margin and revenue goals for the assigned area of responsibility
- Solicit new sales by developing leads and cold calling potential customers.
- Establishes and maintain a solid inside sales program.
- Maintains and grows relationships with carriers including conducing account reviews and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration.
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically to determine the best course of action and implementing solutions.
- Understand the technology platform and drive automation.
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality.
- Other duties may be assigned based on business needs.
Minimum Job Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- High school diploma required or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Freight Broker, Logistics Broker, Procurement Specialist and/or similar role preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of working knowledge in the Transportation industry and specifically in the Truck Brokerage field.
- Carries his / her book of business and carriers to support it.
Knowledge/ Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Knowledge of all elements of the Truck Brokerage industry including but not limited to terminology, regulatory requirements, containers types and configurations, and conversions using the metric system.
- Competitive nature that can excel in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and confident decision-making skills.
- Personable, has ability to connect with clients, vendors, and customers.
- Experience using office environment software/hardware technologies (i.e. CargoWise)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (via phone, email, and in-person).
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in San Antonio, Texas.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- The client prefers the individual to work out of the San Antonio office and is willing to provide some relocation assistance but also willing to consider applicants that would work from their homes.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $45,000 to $55,000/year
Job Status: Full Time