Travel Medical Assistant | Texas
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this position:
Our client is a multi-specialty physician group and practice management company that provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Their organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for Travel Medical Assistants to service our women’s health practices:
- Flower Mound,
- Takes patient vital signs, medical histories, prepare patient for tests or examinations, explain procedures to patient, assist physician during exam and calling in prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Frequent communication with physicians and MLP's to discuss patient concerns requiring thorough knowledge of processes and issues.
- Following standard operating procedures for Certified Medical Assistants performs basic medical procedures such as clean and dress patient wound or remove sutures and staples as directed by the MLP or physician.
- Work with patients to schedule appointments/medical procedures, process insurance forms, FMLA forms, update patient charts and records. Identify and resolve problems in reasonableness of FMLA requests, insurance pre-certifications, etc.
- Maintain a professional and courteous demeanor when answering phones, greeting or corresponding with patients, co-workers and physicians. Create, maintain and update patient medical records in system always keeping patient medical records confidential.
- In addition to the above handles, ordering medical supplies, clean and stock exam rooms, clean surgical instruments and prepare and run autoclave.
- Perform other administrative responsibilities to support the business. Look for opportunities to streamline processes or improve quality or efficiency.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Medical Assistant Certification
- 1-2 years minimum medical assistant experience
- Flexibility and ability to multitask are essential; professional and courteous communications; sense of urgency and a thorough understanding of a medical facility processes and practices required.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Texas
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Albion Staffing Solutions, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications.
Pay: from $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time