Terminal Operations Manager I Avon Park, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare, and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is seeking a Terminal Operations Manager representative for a company located in the Avon Park, FL area. Manage terminal in a manner that maximizes efficiency and utilizes equipment in the most economical way possible to ensure premium levels of service to our member and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years management experience in logistics operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Must have proof of U.S. Citizenship or have a valid work visa.
- Ability to apply knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced atmosphere both independently and as a team.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to communicate with both internal/external customers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Facilitates goals and objectives outlined by Division management.
- Responsible for managing and making recommendations regarding terminal level expenses & financials with assistance of Division management.
- Ensures the operation provides premium levels of services to both customers and members.
- Ensures all operational, safety, and personnel reports are both accurate and completed on time.
- Ensures effective planning of dispatch routes for efficient resource utilization.
- Responsible for evaluating current and proposed systems and procedures and determining and implementing changes as necessary.
- Submits recommendations for development of, and compliance with, transportation policies, procedures and programs.
- Conducts continuous analyses of vehicle and driver assignments and analyzes scheduling for possible consolidation, reviews and revises to increase efficiency and to lower costs.
- Assists Division management in the administration, safety, and compliance with DOT Regulations.
2. Equipment & Maintenance
- Ensures all SMI equipment is properly maintained, utilized tracked, and accounted for and used in a manner that is both efficient and cost effective for both SMI and its members; ensure all tractor and trailer equipment meet both SMI, DOT, and DOA standards; communicate and coordinate SMI equipment needs with Maintenance.
- Coordinates and manages terminal tractors, trailers, straight trucks, cars and any other company rolling stock.
- Responsible for terminal operation and maintenance of electronic communication systems.
- General facilities maintenance; maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws which includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures all employees are properly trained and understand the job assignments including SMI hardware and/or software.
- Ensures all employees adhere, and are held accountable, in accordance to SMI polices
- Facilitates a healthy, professional, and positive atmosphere for all employees
- Ensures all SMI drivers conduct and adhere to both SMI, DOT, and DOA standards
4.Other related duties as assigned
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and demonstrate manual dexterity while performing job duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time, paying attention to detail.
- Constant operation of standard office machines, including computer.
- Requires frequent ability to move freely about the office building.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works both inside and outside, and is frequently exposed to cold, extreme heat, wet and/or humid environment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to cluttered and slippery floor surfaces, and contact with sharp objects, skin irritants, hazardous cleaning solutions, hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts), and nuisance dust, fumes, and sprays.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Applicants will work in the customer's facility in Avon Park, FL.
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
- A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding company
Pay: $65,000 to $70,000/year
full benefits including 401k, company car and cellphone
Job Status: Full Time