Sr. Human Resource Generalist | Boca Raton, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Our client, a leading global provider of high quality, innovative and value-driven flooring and installation solutions is currently seeking to hire a Sr. Human Resource Generalist. They manufacture, market and sell a comprehensive line of hardwood, porcelain, SPC, vinyl, carpet tile and laminate flooring, installation tools, adhesives, and other flooring-related products for the professional installer and do-it-yourselfer. Founded in 1979, they are headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida with offices in Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
If you are looking for a dynamic, innovative, growing company committed to excellence and integrity, we would love to hear from you.
Serves as the initial point of HR contact for front line employees, managers, and external parties’ matters that are up to moderately complex in nature. These matters may include but not limited to: employee relations, policy interpretation and administration, requests for information, administration of unemployment claims, systems transactions [HRIS system], new hire orientation, ethics compliance, performance appraisal process, and internal correspondence. Ensures Human Resources Director is aware of business matters. Will advise Director for matters that are more complex in nature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages simple to moderately complex human resources matters, references employee handbook, interprets company policy and procedures and replies to inquiries. Engages centers of expertise as appropriate.
- Answer general employee questions regarding policies, procedures and benefits
- Pre-hire and new-hire processes, orientations and onboarding
- Responsible for HRIS system transactions, new hires, changes, terminations
- Manages Leaves of Absence
- Maintain human resources files to required standards, including personnel files, medical files, recruiting files, I-9’s, etc.
- Consults with HR Director in regards to personnel changes resulting in terminations
- Assist with employee training programs: scheduling, coordinating and tracking
- Responsible for adhering and promoting all company policies and procedures, as well as adhering and promoting state and federal employment laws.
- Following up on completion of new hire orientation, performance appraisals, and any other HR programs as may be requested or implemented.
- Initiates and conducts all exit surveys and interviews with employees below manager level. Consults with HR Director on trends and recommendations.
- Provide employee relations support for employees and managers.
- Provide guidance on HR issues and escalate sensitive issues to the HR Director.
- Provides HR expertise and insures factual basis and appropriate documentation results. Implementation and documentation of processes including but not limited to: recruiting, onboarding, employee annual reviews and offer letters.
- Works with HR Director to conduct and document workplace investigations.
- Assists in tracking on-time performance reviews.
- Exceptional Computer skills including Advanced Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-directed Individual with Initiative
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Interact with staff at all levels within the organization
- Flexibility, team orientation, ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong ethics and the ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong customer service focus with demonstrated sense of urgency and focus
- Project management skills from concept to planning, implementation and evaluation, strategic planning skills along with data prep and analytics
- 4-7yrs. related experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Boca Raton, FL
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $78,000 to $83,000/year
Job Status: Full Time