Sr. Global Banking Assistant
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion's Banking Division has an opening for a Sr. Global Banking Assistant.
The position of Sr. Global Banking Assistant is responsible for performing intermediate duties and support related to International account activities and financial services; processes all new account transactions; assisting customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; cross-selling the Bank’s products and services; opening, maintains and closing of all account types; performing branch clerical duties; promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. The position Sr. Global Banking Assistant also is required to provide leadership, training and support to less experienced new account representative and other branch staff members.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- May assist and manage consumer and business customers in their selection of various accounts, products and financial services available from the Bank. Ensures cross-selling opportunities are presented by applying professional sales techniques.
- May participate in Interviews with customers to obtain information; obtain proper identification of new customers.
- Provides support to all assigned areas of branch operations where service or assistance is needed
- Prepares and processes documents related to the Bank’s Electronic Services.
- Accepts credit and debit card applications for submission.
- Has knowledge of systems in order to be able to assign account numbers for all new accounts; completes forms requiring customer’s signatures; accepts initial deposits; prepares all documents and items pertaining to checking accounts, savings accounts and time deposits and may prepare KYC and risk profile for officer revisions (KYC and risk profile preparation only applies for accounts where GBD I has participated in the interview with the customer.
- Operates personal computer to process account activity; determine balances and resolve problems within given authority.
- Provides effective customer service by answering customer questions; investigations and corrects errors upon obtaining proper approval; and resolves problems or other issues by bringing them to the attention of the supervisor or Operations Department manager.
- Receives stop payment and hold orders for operation to review.
- Assists customer deposits or withdrawal of funds with branch Teller.
- Works directly with Global Banking Officer or SVP Global Banking. Review OD reports, process internal transfers and performs callbacks for wire transfers.
- Responds to monthly profile exceptions. Re-profiles accounts in ECS and updates KYC document as well as maintains ECS inbox current. Works directly with Global Banking Officer or SVP Global Banking to resolve these matters.
- Sends instructions for wire transfers, address changes, check and deposit slip orders, and endorsement stamp orders to appropriate department.
- Types routine letters reports and forms.
- Monthly review of the Inactive and Dormant Accounts report and follow up.
- Provide copy of monthly Time Deposit Renewals report to each other.
- May have opportunity to accompany Global Banking Officer on international travel.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of laws and regulations related to their position by reading various publications and circulars; attends seminars and meetings with peers.
- Annual review of W-8 Expiry report and follow up with customers.
The position of Sr. Global Banking Assistant is not responsible for the supervision of any employee(s); however the incumbent is required to provide leadership, training and support to less experienced new account representatives and other branch staff members.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), some college education is preferred; or 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a financial institution operations, sales or customer service background. Educational experience through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Some experience, knowledge and training in branch operation activities, terminology and products and services relating to retail and commercial account customers.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operations; mainframe computer system; and word processing, spreadsheet and account opening software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Basic Knowledge of general office practices.
- Basic math skills, calculate interest and balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
- Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
- The ability to fluently speak and write in a second language, such as Spanish, is preferred.
- Work with bank accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
- Follow-up on reconciling items and work with G.L. batches in excel and Core System (AS400)
- Prepares wire transfers forms
- Cash Management daily duties (monitors the banks available funds)
- Help/learn to prepare daily balance sheet and other daily reports,
- Assist in accruals, prepaid and fixed assets and entries related to those accounts.
- Assists with preparation of management and regulatory reports
- Assist Comptroller and CFO in the execution of their day-to-day functions as requested.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Brickell, FL
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $50,000/year
Job Status: Full Time