Shipping-Receiving Supervisor I Tolleson, AZ
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions is looking for a Shipping-Receiving Supervisor to work a company located in the Tolleson, AZ area. Our Client is a leading global provider of high quality, innovative and value-driven flooring and installation solutions. Our Client’s manufactures, markets and sells a comprehensive line of hardwood, porcelain, SPC, vinyl, carpet tile and laminate flooring, installation tools, adhesives, and other flooring-related products. Founded in 1979, Our client is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
The Shipping-Receiving Supervisor is responsible for coordinating all shipping and receiving. This position requires a blend of skills and experience to lead and direct the activities and personnel of the distribution center. The successful candidate will possess a proven track record of leading and developing people; adapting to existing systems and improving them; and a genuine interest in continuing personal development and growth.
- Strategically build and lead the distribution team and processes in an atmosphere that promotes a cohesive team and efficient operation.
- Develop & continually update strategic planning for warehouse operations to provide maximum efficiency of space, labor and capital investment.
- Manage warehouse operations and solicit/generate ideas on process improvement.
- Coordinate all inbound/outbound parcels, FTL, LTL, ocean freight containers.
- Orders are to be picked, packed and shipped to maximize sales and meet shipping policies.
- Manage direct labor and productivity within the budget.
- Manage outbound freight using preferred carriers and lowest freight cost allowed.
- Evaluate and support safety & security and ensure warehouse is kept neat and orderly.
- Actively participate and own relevant parts of the C-TPAT security and procedures, logs, audits and inspections.
- Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notice; pick slips and bill of ladings (BOL’s).
- Ensure complete orders are shipped and delivered in a timely manner.
- Be well organized and excel in communication. Must be comfortable with paper work and warehouse management systems.
- Shipping and Receiving experience
- Leadership skills including being hands on, ability to train, and build a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Personal drive to meet deadlines and commitment to creating a successful and thriving department
- Ability to quickly learn and become a super-user in the company’s warehouse management system
- Display willingness to make decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgement
- Willingness to assume accountability for decisions, plant practices and personnel
- Hands-on expertise with operation of reach trucks and sit-down forklifts in a distribution warehouse and truck shipping environment; picking, palletizing and loading trucks at max gross for legal weight and balance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 5 years or more experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. College Degree is a plus.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in the Tolleson, AZ area.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $60,000 to $70,000/year
Job Status: Full Time