Senior Income Tax Analyst
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion's Banking Division has an opening for a Senior Income Tax Analyst. This position offers a unique opportunity to help build the department and give input on structure, processes, policies and vendor selection. The Senior Tax Analyst is responsible for Income Tax work and may also assist with Non-Income Tax work.
Duties include the following:
- Income Tax:
- Preparation and/or review of tax return schedules and supporting documentation for timely completion of Federal, State, and Local income tax returns and extensions (currently prepared by an outside consultant).
- Computation of quarterly Estimated Tax requirements.
- Timely submission of all returns and payments, including electronic filing/payment set-up of new jurisdictions.
- Knowledge of income tax software, such as CorpTax or OneSource, is beneficial since return preparation may be done internally in the future.
- Assisting in tracking of tax general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with determining deferred tax balances and NOL carryovers.
- Assisting with annual and quarterly income tax provision computations and analysis of NOL utilization for inclusion in German financial statements.
- Audits and Notices:
- Responding to income and non-income tax notices in a timely manner to minimize penalties and interest assessed to the Company.
- Assisting with income and non-income tax audits, including data collection, response to Information Document Request and otherwise assisting the Tax Director as needed.
- Fixed Assets:
- Assisting in the computation of tax depreciation for fixed assets and maintaining the assets in Sage software.
- Reconciling and preparing a roll-forward of fixed asset information.
- Monitoring the Tax Calendar to ensure timely completion of all items.
- Collecting data from GL and other internal systems for tax planning, compliance and audits.
- Coordinating with outside tax consultants and internal personnel in the US and Germany to ensure completion of all tax returns and collection of all required data. Provide timely and accurate responses to tax-related questions and requests for information from other departments.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or Tax.
- Masters in Taxation and/or CPA are not required, but considered desirable.
- At least 5 years of federal and state income tax experience, with at least some exposure to non-income tax (sales and property tax).
- Prefer some non-public experience, particularly experience in obtaining data yourself from internal sources.
- Strong working knowledge of tax compliance requirements and tax technical areas.
- Ability to problem solve, research issues, draw appropriate conclusions, and document tax issues and work performed.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Must have Multi State Tax experience.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required, including advanced knowledge of Excel such as complex formulas and pivot tables.
- Prefer working knowledge of pulling reports from a general ledger software (SAP).
- Knowledge of Sage/FAS fixed asset software is a plus.
- Potential future need for knowledge of income tax compliance software (CorpTax or OneSource)
- Candidate must be a motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
Including vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Short- and Long-Term Disability, and additional benefits, as well as future growth opportunities within the company.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $80,000 to $85,000/year
Plus Bonus potential
Job Status: Full Time