Selector | Miami Gardens, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of Selectors working in freezer to work at a company located in the Miami Gardens, FL area. This is a warehouse position requiring the safe operation of an electric pallet jack, or forklift, to accurately select, label, and palletize product to build customer orders for staging and final delivery. This position requires working 6:00 p.m. until end-of-shift with all products accurately selected and loaded. You will select full-case product sourced warehouse locations using a pallet jack and will be responsible for accurate and efficient selection. This work is in a fast-paced, high-volume warehouse where safety is a high priority. The job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations, and on selecting environment (dry, cooler, freezer).
- Construct and move pallet via electric pallet jack until order is complete, wrap the pallet with plastic wrap until secure, and load the pallets into the trailer.
- Select orders within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, including dry, cooler, and freezer.
- Work at a steady and fast pace, correctly identifying and counting items while visually inspecting products for damage or improper packaging.
- Stack product on pallets following proper selecting procedures (for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out, specialized pallets, etc.).
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to pallet jack, and personal protective equipment.
- Shrink-wrap product and stage pallets for loading in proper locations
- Always follow preferred work methods, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Adhere to sanitation requirements to comply with the policy set forth by the company.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent.
- 1-3 years selector experience
- Preferably with experience on teams in a fast paced, high volume warehouse operation.
- Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). MHE certified on a pallet jack.
- Work collaboratively as part of a competitive team environment.
- Desire to be better than average with a strong work ethic and sense of accountability for self and others.
- Multilingual or bilingual proficiency
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to maintain focus and meet performance standards in multiple warehouse environments:
- Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Perishable (Cooler) (28F to 60F)
- Dry Grocery (50F to 90F)
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
Applicants will work in the customer's facilities in Miami Gardens, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs
Pay: from $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time