RFQ/ Pricing Analyst
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of RFQ (Request for Quoting)/ Pricing Analyst for a global forwarding company located in the Uniondale, NY area. Overall objective of this role is to support both the individual and collective sales and business development efforts of e USA and the global network in the areas of strategic pricing. This role will assist in facilitating growth, new business development and maximize profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (additional duties may be assigned):
RFQ (Request for quotation) : 3 phases management timing.
- Preparation phase:
- Receive RFQ
- Analyze RFQ and review with Pricing Manager
- Gathering required pricing from vendors (Truckers, Carriers, Co-Loaders etc) for final preparation of Quote.
2. Dispatch phase:
- Dispatch prepared quote as per guidelines set out based on region, client or sales.
- Coordination and follow up with receiver of quote for status.
- Coordination and follow up with each branches for airfreight
3. Follow up phase:
- Coordination and follow up with receiver of quote for status/feedback.
- Rate and instructions dispatch to responsible parties for executing shipment (IF bid successful)
Ability to speak read and comprehend English. If bilingual Spanish and/or French would be a bonus. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to communicate with customers and overseas offices in a professional matter.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Intermediate to Advanced user with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Ability to communicate and present ideas in a clear, concise while exercising diplomacy
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
Education and/ or experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years related experience and/or training.
- Ocean Freight operations/customer service experience mandatory! Understanding or Industry (Ocean Freight) and familiarity with negotiation of rates a plus.
- College degree preferred but not required.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs reporting flows and costs analysis.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, ability to distinguish colors and ability to adjust focus. This individual must have the ability to travel globally at any notice and for any length of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in an office environment and occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants will work in the customer's facilities in the Uniondale, NY area.
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding locations as TSA/STA Certification will be needed.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs
Job Status: Full Time