The Underwriter is responsible for the review of individual loan files to assure compliance with secondary markets, mortgage insurance or guaranty guidelines. The minimum qualifications for the Underwriter position include:
- Thorough understanding of underwriting policies and procedures, including investor guidelines and regulatory updates
- Ability to maintain internal Loan Submission tracking and prepare Daily, Weekly and Monthly Underwriting Reports
- Maintain distribution of Approval notifications and Updates on Loan Approval Status
- Monitor changes to Loan Registration Information
***Spread financial statements, prepare credit analysis, obtain and review credit/lien reports, conduct independent and interactive research on businesses, collateral properties and credit risk. Prepare loan approval memoranda including financial analysis, repayment analysis, collateral analysis, and recommendation. The credit analysis shall include risk rating, policy exception identification for new credit facility requests and for existing credit facility renewals and reviews.***
- Knowledge of credit underwriting and property evaluation Conventional, FHA and VA loan principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of retail lending concepts and principles.
- Thorough understanding and strong working knowledge of credit, underwriting, credit policy and financial statement analysis.
- Knowledge of DU and LP.
- Strong credit, risk analysis, and analytical skills.
- Ability to accurately analyze financial data.
- Ability to examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to read and interpret various investor and agency requirements and relate requirements to the loan being underwritten.
- Ability to work effectively with loan originators and production staff to acquire all required documentation.
- Knowledge and familiarity with fraud detection techniques.
**Must be able to pass Drug Test and Background Check**
Albion is "BIG on Quality" and offers the full range of staffing services including Executive Recruitment, Temporary, Temp-to-Hire and Contract/Management. Please visit our website at www.AlbionStaffing.com.
Job Status: Full Time