Residential Lending Officer
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion's Banking Division has an opening for a Residential Lending Officer, for a bank located in the Miami, FL area.
“Employee must comply with all requirements related to the Secure and Fair Enforcement Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act) and its corresponding regulations, including, but not limited to, obtain and maintain an active record and a unique identifier within the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR), continue to meet said record and associated minimum register standards, including any applicable continuing education courses set forth by the Safe Act.”
- Responsible for marketing Real Estate loans to Realtors, Builders and other spheres of influence. This is done through presentations, attending events, and cold calling.
- Must originate loans, in accordance with the bank's lending policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for entering all loan applicants into the EZlender system, and run DU and credit reports.
- Provides processing team with all necessary contact information, including but not limited to Realtor, access to property, and closing agent.
- Responsible for interviewing and guiding prospective customers, enabling customers to select the best bank's product for their needs.
- Must complete a full mortgage loan application (1003), and gather initial documentation, and set the expectations with customers, Realtors, and builders as to appropriate timeframes and targets. Communicates any and all additional documentation requirements to customers.
- Must originate all mortgage loans in accordance with all Federal, State, the bank's, and investor guidelines.
- Must submit completed applications in a timely manner to the processors for disclosure within the three (3) days of application as required by federal regulations.
- Must provide processors and underwriters with updates on any material changes that may take place during the loans process.
- Evaluates the documents provided by the customer and re-runs DU when appropriate.
- Monitors progress of approval through closing.
- Assists support team with the gathering of any additional information required, and all communication with the customer and referral source.
- Represents the Bank in functions within the community.
- Looks for opportunities to cross-sell Bank products and services, and communicates these to the appropriate partner within the Bank.
Independence of Judgment:
Follows established principles, methods, and policies, in addition to existing precedents in corresponding area of expertise.
Impact of Errors:
The impact of errors in this position could impact the credibility and confidence of the customers, and could have a considerable economic impact to the Bank, as complaints from clients/investors.
This position requires constant communication with external and internal clients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficient typing.
- Understanding of financial information and loan documentation.
- This position requires using of hands, fingers, handle or feel, talk and hearing.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and walk.
- Attention to details.
- Specific vision abilities close and distance vision.
- Active Driver License.
- Good communication skills.
- Minimum of two years in banking environment, and in lending business.
- Flexibility on working schedule.
Employees in this job work in an office environment with a comfortable room temperature, good lighting, and quiet conditions. These employees are exposed to external elements when representing the corporation at external events and may be required to work extended hours, including holidays, should these coincide with company events.
A Bachelor’s degree in a business or finance, and, at least 3 years of experience in a similar job is required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job is required. .
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Miami, FL area.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Job Status: Full Time