Registered Pharmacy Technician location Tamarac, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this position:
Albion's Healthcare Division has a client seeking a Registered Pharmacy Technician for their Tamarac, FL office. The candidate must be a supportive medical personnel who functions under the orders of dispensing practitioners (physicians) within the office setting. Responsibilities include indirect patient care, administrative duties, and assisting in the office flow of patients. This position is part time hours.
- Verify physician orders with MD or RN.
- Performs IV admixture following recommendations of package inserts.
- Follows strict aseptic technique for preparing all medications for patients prior to administration.
- Uses biomedical safety cabinet (hood) for compounding of all cytotoxic agents and biologicals.
- Labels all medications appropriately with patients name, medication name, dose, and mixing instructions such that RN’s can verify correct medications have been prepared for the right patient.
- Monitors and documents refrigerator temps.
- Monitors and document pressure reading on all biomedical safety cabinet (hood)
- Disposes of hazardous material according to guidelines established by Stericycle and Clean Fuels.
- Performs decontamination procedures of all areas with the pharmacy.
- Follows OSHA guidelines.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Enters all appropriate medication information into Nucleus machine. This includes but is not limited to medication identifiers, vial size, dosing information,
- and location of medication with the secured cabinets of the Nucleus machine.
- Keeps accurate and updated inventory with monthly printout to supervisor.
- Monitors flow of medications and rotates stock.
- Monitors and orders medication as necessary for patient care.
- Keeps updated decontamination logs for all areas.
- Knows whereabouts and contents of OSHA compliance manual.
- Is aware of and practices HIPAA compliance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates effectively with coworkers, physicians, and management.
- Performs job duties effectively and with minimal direction.
- Initiates new ideas and projects that enhance patient care.
- Serves as a team member among co-workers.
- High school graduate or higher education degree.
- Attendance at pharmacy tech training program or equivalent experience.
- Registered and active license with the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Required.
- IV admixture experience required. Oncology experience is preferred.
- Maintains yearly OSHA & HIPPA certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands for IV admixture, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, or sit for various periods of time; therefore use of good body mechanics is required. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Tamarac, FL
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time