Referral Coordinator location Pembroke Pines, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion' Healthcare Division has a client seeking for a Referral Coordinator for the Pembroke Pines, FL area.
Daily Duties and Requirements:
- Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals to promote team awareness and ensure patient safety. This tracking may use an IT database.
- Ensure complete and accurate registration, including patient demographic and current insurance information.
- Assemble information concerning patient's clinical background and referral needs.
- Per referral guidelines, provide appropriate clinical information to specialist.
- Contact review organizations and insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements are met. Present necessary medical information such as history, diagnosis and prognosis. Provide specific medical information to financial services to maximize reimbursement to the hospital and physicians.
- Review details and expectations about the referral with patients.
- Assist patients in problem solving potential issues related to the health care system, financial or social barriers (e.g., request interpreters as appropriate, transportation services or prescription assistance).
- Be the system navigator and point of contact for patients and families, with patients and families having direct access for asking questions and raising concerns. May assume advocate role on the patient's behalf with the carrier to ensure approval of the necessary supplies/services for the patient in a timely fashion.
- Identify and utilize cultural and community resources. Establish and maintain relationships with identified service providers.
- Ensure that referrals are addressed in a timely manner.
- Remind patients of scheduled appointments via mail or phone.
- Ensure that patient's primary care chart is up to date with information on specialist consults, hospitalizations, ER visits and community organization related to their health.
Experience and skills:
- High school diploma, sometimes combined with medical assistant certification
- Strong customer service focus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork orientation
- Organized and able to manage competing priorities
- Good judgment
- Resourcefulness in problem solving
- Able to take and follow through with delegated tasks and accountability
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Pembroke Pines, FL
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Job Status: Full Time