Quality Assurance Anesthesia Medical Coders | Remote
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this position:
The Quality Assurance Specialist in the Coding department will review the quality of coder output, utilizing internally developed norms and criteria. The Senior Quality Assurance Specialist will also have specialized QA functions as described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily auditing of coded medical records to ensure coding accuracy.
- Gathering of general documentation issues for the purpose of educational feedback.
- Documents QA results and variances identified on coder chart.
- Audit the daily quality standards of 180 records.
- Attend coding in-services with Manager of QA.
In addition to the above, The Senior Quality Assurance Specialist will
- Reviews trends of coding denials
- QA/coder’s feedback
- Report to Reimbursement for possible payor issues, system issues or edit issue/s.
- Respond to coding denial inquiries from other departments
- Training of new Coding Denial staff, QA and feedback.
- Complete QA summary file
- Medical coding CPC- AHIMA/AAPC
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Flexible, high achiever with ability to learn quickly and meet department goals and deadlines consecutively.
- Strong data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organized, detail oriented with excellent follow through abilities.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in English.
- Medical terminology.
- HIPAA requirements.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Associate degree in RHIT preferred
- Three years + related coding experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Working knowledge of Embillz billing system.
- Good computer skills including the ability to be on multiple screens at once as well as use the zoom in and zoom out feature.
Applicants will work remotely
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $24/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Temp to Hire