Project Accountant | Jacksonville, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this position:
Albion Staffing Solutions has a client looking for a Project Accountant to work at a company located at the Jacksonville, FL area. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make a difference and be an impact player in an established and well-respected construction company. The Project Accountant will assist two of our projects in Jacksonville. We are seeking someone with 1 – 3 years’ experience in Accounting. Heavy highway, civil or site construction is very helpful.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Maintain and review project-related records, including subcontractors’ agreements, change orders, certificates of insurance
- Review and approve supplier invoices and subcontractors payment applications related to the projects
- Review charges related to projects’ assets, expenses, and overhead
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to the client
- Respond to Vendors/Subcontractors requests
- Coordinate with procurement department regarding the contracts, purchase orders, change orders
- Coordinate with Compliance specialist to ensure all the subcontractors and vendors are in compliance
- Follow up with the accounts payable department on status of payment to vendors/subcontractors
- Coordinate with production team regarding invoices, payment applications from vendors/subcontractors
- Collect delivery tickets from production team,
- Assist Finance manager for month end closing, preparing accruals GL entries for the projects
- An associates or bachelor's degree in business or equivalent experience
- Must have a positive and can-do anything attitude
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Construction industry experience is a plus
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Jacksonville, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $50,000 to $60,000/year
Job Status: Full Time