Product Testing and QA Engineer I Homestead, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare, and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is seeking a Product Testing and QA Engineer for a company located in the Homestead, FL area. The Product Testing and QA Engineer is responsible to assist the Engineering Manager in handling and administrating the Product Quality Assurance System. It includes all products quality assurance matters, customer complaints related to products quality and warranty issues. He will also in charge in the final products testing.
- Overall in charge of product quality issues, product testing, processing warranty claims and driving supplier quality improvement activities.
- In charge of Quality Control and Quality Assurance activities at chiller, package, AHU Line and Electrical assembly Lines.
- To work with Manufacturing and Engineering to establish operations procedures as part of system improvement for the above assembly lines.
- To implement and monitor effectiveness of the QA procedures and make changes if necessary.
- To establish testing and technical procedures as required for areas and/or activities found to be incomplete.
- To implement and to ensure the effectiveness of the above technical procedures, and make changes if necessary.
- To monitor supplier quality level and produce associated indexes on supplier performance.
- To perform and manage final products testing, to ensure testing is conducted in accordance to the required standards and systems, conform to our factory order specifications and requirements.
- To work closely with Engineering and manufacturing departments to ensure final product is able to perform in accordance to our standard and meeting customer requirements.
- To collect all testing data, prepare testing report and records for further analysis and improvement by engineering dept.
- To handle product testing and operation problems troubleshoot, seek advice from superior to solve any problems that may occur.
- To assist and support warranty issues at job sites, attend customer complaints and analyze the technical problems that may arise.
- Authorized to Quality Hold of any products that are deemed to be not fitting for shipment, to quarantine any purchased parts found to be with quality concerns, reply to customers on issues pertaining to complaints, and any other authority as provided by the Engineering Manager.
- In any other cases, shall refer to immediate superior for assistance or clarification.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- At least 3 to 5 working experiences in HVAC, especially chiller and rooftop unit start-up and servicing industry.
- Possess good leadership skills.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings.
- PC literate and familiarity with MS Excel and Power Point.
- Familiarize and have knowledge in air conditioning systems.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to deliver to tight dead lines
- Able to lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Good analytical skills
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility in Homestead, FL.
Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding company
Job Status: Full Time