Physician Education Specialist location Miami, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion' Healthcare Division is looking for a Physician Education Specialist. Our client one of South Florida’s world-class healthcare organizations based in Miami, FL, has opportunities available for Physician Education Specialists who are also proficient in Evaluation and Management.
We are looking for people with:
Do you have a passion for educating Physicians in proper clinical documentation?
- Two or more years in office based medical coding, with a solid background in Evaluation & Management and medical terminology
- Experience reviewing clinical documentation to ensure the proper coding assignment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to interact and engage with physicians
- Strong attention to detail, with solid presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to do up to 15% travel throughout Miami down to the lower keys (will visit physician practices to audit clinical records for accuracy)
- Associate’s Degree and 4 or more years of related healthcare experience; or Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year College or University and 2 or more years of related healthcare experience; or equivalent combination of education and related healthcare experience
- Current Coding Certification from the AAPC or AHIMA (CPMA, CPC, CCS, CCA, RHIT, RMC, CIRCC or CANPC)
Will be responsible for oversight and maintenance of all training and education programs for providers and staff as it relates to medical record documentation to meet compliance and regulatory guidelines with respect to quality, coding and billing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of the development, implementation and documentation of educational programs addressing medical record documentation with respect to quality, coding and billing compliance for providers and support staff.
- Ensure best practice approaches are followed, including leveraging technology and utilizing multiple media options, for all educational activities.
To be considered, candidates must have demonstrated expertise as noted in the following areas:
- Five or more years of experience in provider education and/or training
- Solid background in medical terminology
- Knowledge of medical coding
- Knowledge of quality reporting initiatives is beneficial
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to interact with physicians in educational settings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to travel throughout the Southeast up to 15-20% of the time
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Miami, FL
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $54,000 to $56,000/year
Job Status: Full Time