Patient Wellness Coach | Orlando, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this position:
Albion's Healthcare Division has a client seeking a Patient Wellness Coach for a Patient wellness center in the Orlando, FL area to join their team! Company offers great pay and benefits! Health, dental, vision, PTO and tuition reimbursement benefits. Albion is also offering a $500 sign-on bonus.
This position is Mon-Fri 8am-5pm. Will be working remote for now. When center reopens, will be working onsite.
- The Wellness Coach’s primary responsibilities center on establishing trusting, supportive, collaborative relationships with patients (and their families and caregivers.) They provide special services to seniors who are patients of the practice and work alongside the clinical care team and market leadership as part of a dynamic, collaborative and empathetic team in the Orlando market.
- The Wellness Coach is responsible for educating patients on the center’s engagement programs that allow patients to earn gift cards and other valuable rewards for achieving personalized health and well-being goals.
- The Wellness Coach also will work with patients to support their achieving and maintaining their optimal wellness state by guiding patients, their families and caregivers toward, and facilitating interaction with, appropriate resources inside and outside the center. In addition, the Wellness Coach has health education tools for 1x1 consultations with patients to meet their well-being goals, preventive and chronic care needs, and to encourage them to take an active role in their health, make healthy lifestyle choices and adopt lifelong healthy behaviors.
Reporting to the Senior Experience Strategy and Transformation Professional, Wellness Coach’s use their health education, customer service/consumer engagement, clinical and social support knowledge, communication skills, and independent critical thinking skills to take on responsibilities associated with supporting patients’ needs:
ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM SUPPORT AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with patients, their families and caregivers
- Proactively work with patients to support their engagement in the Wellness program
- Learn to employ confidence-promoting techniques in communication and help inspire self-efficacy to better manage overall health and well-being
- Assess learning needs and motivate individuals to through all available interactions
- Consult with patients on their health and wellness needs and provide available resources to them
- Coach using an action-planning model based on motivational interviewing techniques
- Assist patients in developing sustainable behaviors for overall health and well-being
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources to help eliminate barriers to care
- Learn core offerings to contribute to and facilitate care navigation
- Comply with performance and reporting standards as defined by the Wellness center
- Problem-solve and develop effective solutions within a fast-paced environment
- Organize and manage multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools
- Collaborate, build and maintain relationships with in-center associates
- Complete additional responsibilities as deemed appropriate by leadership
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Bachelors in Health, Nutrition, Health Education, Nursing, Social Work, Education, Sociology, Psychology, Gerontology or related field with 5 years’ experience in effective delivery of Healthcare Education and/or as a Registered Dietician
- Experience in a team-based service environment with exceptional interpersonal, public speaking and presentations skills and exceptional listening abilities
- Previous experience with health promotion, coaching, customer service/consumer engagement, and wellness teaching
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional follow up skills
- Compassionate, kind, empathetic and open-minded
- Proficiency with eClinicalWorks EMR system
- Intermediate to advanced technical knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel within market to assigned location(s)
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Orlando, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $30/hour
Job Status: Full Time