Operations Coordinator | Los Angeles
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of an Operations Coordinator to work at the Los Angeles, CA area. Coordinate air/ ocean/export/import shipments and related activities in accordance with customer and/or forwarding agent requirements, and company objectives.
· Booking, documentation, costing, billing, filing, coordination, quoting, tracking and customer service.
· Arrange cargo transportation with all applicable parties.
· Plan and optimize shipment routes.
· Coordinate with customers, agents and vendors.
· Prepare, distribute or otherwise process all required documentation including AWB, BOLs, invoices, export declarations (EEI), import documentation, pre alerts, debit and
· credit notes and others, as required.
· Create and maintain detailed shipment files.
· Establish and/or maintain detailed customer-service profiles.
· Monitors shipments and always keep all parties informed of the shipment status .
· Ability to trouble shoot and work with programmers to communicate issues with operating
· system as it relates to the completion of Air / Ocean / Import / Export documentation.
· Knowledge of FMC AND NVOCC, rules and regulations.
· Good customer service and communication skills ability to build report with clients to win more freight forwarding opportunities.
· Team player able to work with warehouse operations to optimize receiving and shipping efficiencies.
· Ability to develop overseas agent relationships and customers.
Education & Work Experience Requirements / Skills:
· Minimum of 2 years prior work experience in the logistics and transportation industry, preparing and processing international air and ocean shipments, in-transit shipments and/or inland-freight shipments.
· Associates degree, vocational training in a related field or a minimum of two years of college coursework preferred.
· US export-compliance training preferred.
· Air DG training preferred.
· Computer literate.
· Fluent in English and Spanish.
· Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
· Capacity for team work and willingness to assist others.
· Ability to display professionalism and courteousness at all times.
· Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
· Magaya preferred.
· ACE system knowledge preferred.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility in Los Angeles, CA
Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs
Job Status: Full Time