Office Based Medical Coder/Biller
About this opportunity:
Albion' Healthcare Division has clients in need of an Office Based Medical Coder/Biller. Our client is a Oncology-Hematology Practice in Broward County and is looking to hire a seasoned Office Based Medical Coder/ Biller to join their central billing office team. Oncology Health Care industry related experience is preferred due to high volume billing in this specialty.
- Collect and entering claim information.
- Properly codes charts from medical record
- Post insurance and patients along with managing accounts.
- Submit claims and following up with insurance carriers on unpaid or rejected claims.
- Answer patient inquires on account status and charges if needed.
- Typically reports to billing supervisor or provider office manager.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Insures claim information is complete and accurate.
- Submits insurance claims to clearinghouse or individual insurance companies electronically or via paper CMS-1500 form.
- Answer patient questions on patient responsible portions, copays, deductibles, write-off’s, etc. Resolves patient complaints or explains why certain services are not covered.
- Follows up with insurance company on unpaid or rejected claims. Resolves issue and re-submits claims.
- Prepares appeal letters to insurance carrier when not in agreement with claim denial. Collect necessary information to accompany appeal.
- Prepares patient statements for charges not covered by insurance. Insures statements are mailed on a regular basis.
- For patients with coverage by more than one insurer, prepares and submits secondary claims upon processing by primary insurer
The following are required for consideration:
- Ideally, 3 or more years of oncology, radiology, internal medicine, pain management services
- You need to know how to read a record and evaluate and code E/Ms and procedures from charts to bill the correct charges on a Superbill
- This is not straight data entry off of an encounter form or a superbill from what a doctor advises to enter
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- Analytical mindset, with great attention to detail
- Self-motivated, with proven ability to code with speed and accuracy
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with great interpersonal skills
- ICD10 coding experience highly preferred
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and experience as detailed above
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time