Ocean Import/Export Manager | Carson, CA
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of an Ocean Import/Export Manager for a global freight forwarding company for the Carson, CA area. Candidate must have worked with CargoWise and be able to handle ocean export jobs from A to Z, including preparing quotes, communicating with customers and billing of files
- Routes outbound ocean freight shipments.
- Manages the exporting of car internationally
- Expertise in Supply Chain and Logistics operations.
- Experience in Import and Export from Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean
- Working knowledge of shipping freight in the US via truck and rail.
- Experience in Freight Forwarding documentation.
- Working knowledge of cross-dock, warehousing, freight consolidation and container loading.
- Ability to perform freight cost analysis, read ocean freight rates, and general bill of landing terms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. (Prefer bilingual English & Spanish.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise staff and lead with hands on management of daily operations.
- Review purchase orders and direct weekly shipping schedules.
- Negotiate pricing and prepare customer quotations/bids, etc.
- Follow established guidelines and manage inbound shipments via cross-dock faculties.
- Determine shipment origin points and set up pickup plans.
- Communicate shipment information and transit issues internally and externally with buyers, product suppliers and transportation suppliers.
- Direct scheduling of shipments with Suppliers, truckers, warehouses, brokers, ship companies and buyers.
- Update Systems with shipment data and produce all required documentation.
- Conduct compliance reviews and take corrective actions.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of hands-on experience in Logistics/ Supply Chain processes.
- Technical training in Freight Forwarding, US Customs regulations and International shipping
- Knowledge of FMC, AES, IATA, HazMat, DOT, OSHA, C-TPAT regulations is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, use of Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Require good English verbal and writing skills.
- Prefer bilingual English & Spanish.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts with percentages, area and volumes
Leadership and Reasoning Skills:
- MUST have leadership skills to supervise, evaluate and train staff in Logistics functions.
- Ability to resolve practical operational problems and deal with a variety of situations that require the cooperation of many individuals to accomplish tasks.
- Must be organized and detailed oriented.
- Must have excellent follow up skills.
- Must be a leader.
Applicants will work in the customer's facilities in Carson, CA
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $95,000 to $120,000/hour
Job Status: Full Time