Ocean Import Coordinator I Medley, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare, and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is seeking a Ocean Import Coordinator for a big company located in the Medley, FL area. These are Temp-to-Hire position. The Ocean Import Coordinator obtains and generates required documents for shipments throughout Central America, Caribbean and South America.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong Import documentation knowledge
- Adhere and apply the company's Code of Conduct and Company Ethics at all times
- Adhere and apply to the company's Security, Prevention and Safety Guidelines
- Promote the company's business philosophy including the 6 Rights of Merchandizing
- Observe and apply the company's Policies and Procedures
- Protect the company's assets and working tools at all times
- Ensure workload is properly distributed based on the resources available.
- Fulfill the sales credit function.
- Provide first-level contact for ISeries-related questions from the Compliance team.
- Follow up on all carrier notices pertaining to bills of lading submission.
- Train current staff and new employees on functions and any new process implementations.
- Updates checklists to reflect current processes.
- Obtains or generates compliant export documentation.
- Processes Export and Import folders: verifies accuracy of piece counts, descriptions/translations and cost; verifies that certificate requirements have been met.
- Generates and submits Electronic Export & Import Information (EEI) filings at Customs web site
- Process FTZ paperwork 7512 forms
- Validates Export Health Certificates comply with Country Specific Requirements/Regulations; HAZMAT declaration
- Provides In-Country document support: Certificates of Origin, serial number reports, CAFTA (Central American Free Trade Agreement), PHYTOS and CARICOMS.
- Generates, submits, and proofs bill of lading instructions to various
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to reach essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three (3) years of related experience and/or training in export documentation specialist or similar function.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish languages proficiently.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Basic computer skills. Must be familiar with MS Word, MS Excel and AS400 Operating System
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess a valid US driver’s license.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent detail and organizational skills required; Accurate typing ability at fast-speeds (40WPM) in high volumes.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Flexible schedule required; must be available for work anytime between 6am – 7pm, Monday through Friday; some Saturday may be required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Applicants will work in the customer's facility in Medley, FL.
Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding company
Pay: $18 to $24/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Temp to Hire