Ocean Export Supervisor | Carson, CA
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of an Ocean Export Supervisor for a global freight forwarding company for the Carson, CA area. Oversee operations activities and responsible for day to day operations and administrative functions of the CA Export operations team. Expected to motivate and lead by example; responsible for the combined performance of the team and for ensuring that everyone within the operations staff is knowledgeable and performs to a satisfactory level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Encourage quality and efficiency by constantly training, motivating and coaching staff.
- Responsibility for interviewing, hiring, training and developing employees (operations coordinators and customer service staff)
- Supervise, train and develop staff members in line with the objectives, policies and procedures of the organization.
- Complete supervisory responsibilities in a timely and thorough manner.
- Liaising with other managers. Reporting back to senior managers
- Work closely with USA Export Operations Manager, Export Director and Regional Sales Manager to assist and support sales growth. Visit key customers.
- Monitor office expenditures.
- Assign and direct work; appraise performance, provide rewards and recognition, including determining appropriate disciplinary measures. Oversee HR matters including terminations and disciplinary documentation. Ensure employee’s skills match their position to maximize job performance.
- Schedule staff and approve overtime and vacations.
- Meet with suppliers (steamship lines/truckers/CFS) to keep abreast of industry trends/opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of the company's products
* Detailed knowledge of agreements with origin and profitability.
- Maintain highest degree of confidentiality in staff and management matters.
- Hold monthly formal staff meetings.
Keys to Successful Export Operations Supervisor:
1. Hire the right staff with the ability and desire to be successful
2. Listen to the team’s needs (understand & improve their obstacles)
3. Recognize the strengths and development opportunities for the import team.
4. Give them the tools to be successful (systems/industry knowledge & training)
5. Be responsive in a very timely manner to team and customers.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
Applicants will work in the customer's facilities in Carson, CA
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $75,000 to $95,000/hour
Job Status: Full Time