Ocean Export Coordinator I Clark, New Jersey
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing is seeking a Ocean Export Coordinator for a global freight forwarding company, Clark, New Jersey. Routes outbound ocean freight shipments to their destinations by performing the following duties.
- Plans and directs flow of air traffic moving to overseas destinations.
- Opens files on the dedicated software system for each shipment.
- Ships freight, prepares documentation and way billing, assesses charges, and collects fees for shipments.
- Negotiates with domestic customers, as intermediary for foreign customers, to resolve problems and arrive at mutual agreements.
- Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
- Prepares reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers and foreign customers.
- Examines documents such as invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements, to verify conversion of merchandise weights or volumes into system used by other country.
- Converts foreign currency figures into United States monetary equivalents, or domestic currency into foreign equivalents.
- Corresponds with foreign network.
- Is responsible for moving shipments on time. Files documents in an accurate manner.
- Organizes oneself to handle the volume of activity.
- Corrects EPO's if requested by the supervisor.
- Reports all serious difficulties to air export manager.
- Prepares quotations which are under the control of the immediate supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applicants will work in Clark, New Jersey
* Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing may be applicable.
* Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided
Pay: $35,000 to $70,000/year
Job Status: Full Time