Medical Technologist I Miami, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Currently seeking a Medical Technologist with LC-MS/MS experience to join our clients quickly growing toxicology laboratory in Miami, FL.
This role will be responsible for performing Pre-Analytical, Analytical, and Post-Analytical laboratory processes, including but not limited to instrument maintenance and quality control/calibration, specimen accessioning, sample preparation, documenting and corrective actions, releasing and resulting patient reports, and facilitating daily workflow when necessary.
Other job duties include but are not limited to:
- Work independently without direct supervision.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully in verbal and written English with staff, patients, and clients.
- Work with toxicology equipment which includes immunoassay drug screens and LC-MS drug confirmations.
- Perform all assigned tests in designated work area efficiently and accurately.
- Perform preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of AU and LC-MS/MS instrumentations and solve problems or determine alternative solutions for analysis.
- Participates in proficiency testing and competencies.
- Proficient in essential computer use, such as Microsoft Office and data entry in various Laboratory Information Systems.
- Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines.
- Perform various support activities to the department which may include clerical work, answering phone calls/emails, and daily maintenance of the laboratory.
- Adhere to safety policies including the Chemical Hygiene plan and Infectious Control plan, the proper disposal methods of biohazards waste and chemical waste, and the use of appropriate PPE.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Toxicology, Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology.
- Licensed by the state of Florida at Clinical Laboratory Technologist level in appropriate specialties (Clinical Chemistry)
- Nationally certified as a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technologist (AAB, ASCP, AMT, etc.)
-2+ years LC-MS/MS certifying and releasing experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Experience with integrated laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
- Experience following laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Experience with manual pipetting is a must.
- Prior experience with Agilent software considered a plus.
COVID 19 Precautions: All employees expected to follow CDC Guidelines, wear a mask, social distance, laboratory is regularly sanitized.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Miami, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $50,000 to $60,000/year
Job Status: Full Time