Medical Records Coordinator | Jacksonville, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions has a client in need of a Medical Records Coordinator to work at a company located in the Jacksonville, FL area. The Billing Coordinator I is a non-clinical representative who performs administrative, operational, and quality assurance functions to support the billing process. The coordinator acts as a company resource to the healthcare community, including hospital-based individuals. The Coordinator is responsible for the assembly, organization, completeness and submission of patient medical records to RCM while providing practice support to the providers and facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Gather, reconcile, review and assemble all medical/billing records from all sources within the facility.
• Verify all information is included with the medical/billing record prior to submission to the corporate office. Review records for clinical quality and billing integrity.
• Identify and follow-up on all deficient medical/billing records which include missing and incomplete records or elements.
• Maintain deficiency logs, graphs and grids on a daily basis.
• Communicate with Clinical Leadership, Chief(s), Director(s) and individual providers to coordinate corrections, updates and completion of deficient medical records.
• Ensure all medical record corrections are made on the original medical record by the original provider and copies submitted to HIM Department at the facility and to corporate for billing.
• Confirms and revises patient demographics and insurance as necessary by visiting patient rooms or contacting the patient directly.
• First point of contact in identifying documentation issues / trends to Site Billing Manager and Provider Education.
• Other duties as assigned
• Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
• Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
• Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
• Support and abide by the values of the company o Excellence
– Going above and beyond to deliver the highest quality care and experience to our patients and teammates o Collaboration
– Being inclusive and supportive of one another to deliver improved outcomes to our patients and teammates o Ethical Responsibility
– Acting with the utmost integrity and doing the right thing, even when nobody is watching o Engagement
– Promote an environment where clinicians and teammates thrive, feel passion and joy for what they do, take care of each other, and are proud of who we are and what we do.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Work autonomously and able to prioritize work daily
• Detailed oriented
• Demonstrate strong communicate skills and ability to work well in a team environment
• Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
• Follow up in a timely manner on open items
• Medical terminology, medical legal knowledge, and a clinical knowledge base are also essential
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree and 2 or more years of training in the medical industry
• Associates Degree, a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Coding experience is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in creating data extracts and/or reports preferred
• Experience with EMRs/EHRs a plus
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Jacksonville, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Job Status: Full Time