Medical Records Auditor I Plantation, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Albion's Healthcare Division has a client looking for a Medical Records Auditor to work at the Plantation, FL area. Responsibility is to review medical records and supporting documents to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Reviews inpatient electronic medical records and constructs compliant provider clarifications to ensure that patient documentation reflects hospital census records.
- Reviews and updates missing diagnoses, DOS (dates of service) and clinical procedural reports during initial and continued stay record reviews.
- Collaborates with Quality Management team when errors or variances are found.
- Conducts follow-up reviews of clinical documentation to ensure issues discussed and clarified with the physician have been recorded in the patient’s chart.
- Review all of the assigned charts in a timely manner (60-70 records per day).
- Review, audit and evaluate documentation of medical record.
- Follow relevant regulatory guidelines, policies and procedures in reviewing clinical documentation.
- Keep detailed list of corrections that will be sent to supervisor daily.
- Specifically targets and evaluates medical documentation outliers and errors.
- Review relevant tool specifications to guide chart review.
- Experience in an appeals/auditing environment preferred
- High School diploma or GED,
- Critical thinking skills, writing competency, customer service orientation and teamwork ethic
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and monitor completion of tasks and projects concurrently with minimal supervision
- Intermediate level of proficiency and knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications- training will be provided; however, computer literacy is needed for success in the role
- Previous Medical terminology experience preferred
Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
Candidate can work in Plantation, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $17 to $19/hour
Job Status: Full Time