Medical Laboratory Technologist | Tamarac, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion's Healthcare Division has a client in need of a Medical Laboratory Technologist to join their busy Oncology practice.
Schedule is M-F 7:30am-4:30pm/8am-5pm
Performance of all approved laboratory procedures and testing.
Essential Function of the position:
This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Performance of laboratory procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology and Microbiology.
- Must have high volume and oncology experience
- Perform phlebotomy: including venipuncture, finger sticks
- Understands and follows proper laboratory testing techniques outlined in the manual.
- Reports laboratory results correctly, accurately and in a timely manner to the healthcare provider; alerting the healthcare provider and following protocol for any critical or out of range values.
- Keeps the laboratory and work area clean and in compliant with OSHA/Safety standards.
- Performance and documentation of daily/weekly/monthly quality control and instrument maintenance.
- Perform proficiency surveys, documentation and review of results in a timely manner.
- Assist the Laboratory Manager in lab procedures.
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies, reorder and stock supplies of assigned area.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in the Tamarac, FL
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $14/hour
Competitive pay and full benefits including 401k
Job Status: Full Time