Medical Coder | North Miami, FL
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
Albion's Healthcare Division has a client seeking a Medical Coder for a company located in the North Miami, FL area.
- Receive and review patient charts and documents for accuracy
- Ensure that all codes are current and active
- Report missing or incomplete documentation
- Meet daily coding production
- Update and maintain document lists
- Performs accurate charge entries
- Ensure proper coding on provider documentation
- Serves as a resource regarding insurance resolutions and coding questions
- Handles co-pays, balances, and charge posting
- follows coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Performs additional duties assigned by the coding manager as needed
Medical Coder Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Maintain coding certification and attends in-service training as required
- Two (2) years of medical coding experience
- Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Strong computer skills in data entry, coding, and knowledge of Electronic Medical Record software; Microsoft Office Suite
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in the North Miami, FL
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $14 to $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time