Under general supervision, the candidate will be responsible for the installation of various type of equipment per manufacturer's specifications found in transit light and heavy rail vehicles. The position requires frequent lifting, climbing, standing, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling. The position may require weekend and/or holiday work.
This work must be done in accordance to accepted standards of the trade, supervisory direction, Company established procedures, practices, and specifications.
Examples of Duties
- Following a pre-established schedule for the installation of equipment on transit vehicles including those associated with propulsion, trucks, pneumatic supply and brake control, air conditioning, fiberglass panels, glass, flooring, doors as required to achieve manufacturer specifications
- Uses precision measuring devices in the course of the work.
- Measures and inspects completed work to confirm adherence to specifications.
- Record all findings accurately in provided Test Reports, for inclusion into Car History Books that follow each completed vehicle such as torque values, part and serial numbers.
- Performs modifications to rail vehicle as directed by engineering and supervisory staff.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, manuals and work orders.
- Documents work performed and parts and materials used; follows specified safety procedures.
- Using and maintaining hand and power tools equipment of the trade.
- Understanding and following oral and written directions.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed and materials used.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- May perform welding and burning
- Some computer skills.
- Good Customer relationship
- Must have a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- College/ Technical trade school degree/ certificate preferred.
- 2+ yrs experience, desired in light rail or transportation environment.
- Experience in installation of electrical and mechanic equipment.
- Requires a thorough understanding of assembly build practices and procedures
- Must have good mathematical skills
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of specialized tools, equipment and measurements necessary to meet established standards.
- Ability to read, write and communicate proficiently in English.
- Must own and maintain a basic hand tool set.
- Experience in precision measuring equipment i.e., caliper, micrometer, pie tape, etc
- Experience in mechanical torque techniques.
- Must have experience working within and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Experience with working in diverse and busy team environments.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure and against deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a team environment.
- Must be able to read and understand basic work orders
- Attention to quality control and customer service.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task
Job Status: Full Time