Material Handler | Hialeah, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
We are currently recruiting for a Material Handler for a global logistics and Freight Forwarding company located in Hialeah, FL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Load and unload inventory from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and staging areas
- Ensure all incoming delivery matches the client purchase order
- Store cargo in assigned locations
- Manage inventory by identifying, cataloging, and recording the location of inventory
- Analyze pick sheets based on client’s orders and pull the appropriate products for each order or project
- Contact vendors for pick-ups and returns
- Comply with all safety and health regulations
- Process and ensure accuracy of customs documentation
- Compliance, per U.S. Customs rules and regulations, inclusive of record-keeping
- Maintain electronic records including daily import activity log (Goods Received Reporting and Inventory Levels)
- Special projects data base and in-bound shipment report for all warehouses
- Work outside of normal hours of operation, as needed, to fulfill essential functions and responsibilities
- Maintain all files and paperwork relating to inbound and outbound freight
- All other duties as required or needed
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED·
- Minimum 2-year experience in a similar role·
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) forklift certification is an advantage
- Good knowledge of the Internet and of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Knowledge of weights and measures, and applicable conversion factors
- Good judgment and initiative
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up
- Effective and professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Employs courteous and professional telephone and email communication skills
- Good listener
- A team player; trustworthy, reliable, and dependable
- Must work well under pressure as a self-starter, handling multiple tasks
- Internally motivated, self-starter with ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results
- Must be opened to constantly learn and improve skill sets
- Must have an optimistic attitude towards and be prepared to meet challenges
- Desire to work in an environment of knowledge-based learning
- Perform at a high level of efficiency and productivity in a team concept environment
- Perform job with a high level of competency, common courtesy, integrity and professionalism to colleagues and clients
- Always strive to exceed the clients’ expectations
Education and/or Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also regularly lifts and/or moves objects up to 100 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
Availability to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings
Applicants will work in the customer's facility located in HIaleah, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $17 to $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time