Maintenance Technician | Doral, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of a Maintenance Technician for a company located in the Doral, FL area. As a Maintenance Helper you would be responsible for executing your position's responsibilities in alignment with our client's Spirit of Service culture and driving company success through performing the following tasks to the highest standards. Maintain the guestrooms, public space and back of the house areas in good repair to ensure an attractive and well-maintained property. These assignments relate to a variety of trades that include but are not limited to carpentry, plumbing, painting, drywall repair and texturing, wall covering, screen repair and masonry. Commitment and dedication to our client's Spirit of Service culture Vacations Values is always an expected behavior to be displayed towards our client's guests and team members. This is a temp to hire position.
- Basic skills in drywall, painting/staining and wall vinyl repairs.
- Basic plumbing skills including drain cleaning.
- Maintain all guestroom and public space equipment (to include, but not limited to the following) change filters, replace caulk, tile/grout, door repair to include locking mechanisms and hinges.
- Inspect rooms for pest intrusion. Inspects and replaces cosmetic appliance components.
- Replace light bulbs and ballasts, repair closet/drapery tracks.
- Replacement of furniture, stain furniture and repair Knicks and gouges
- Replace remote control batteries
- Unclog toilets and sinks, touch up paint and glue peeling wallpaper.
- Execute planned scheduled preventative maintenance. Replace faulty plumbing components. Maintain proper functioning of all equipment and tools.
- Establish a clear line of communication with the engineering leadership.
- Assist other maintenance staff on special projects as directed by engineering leadership.
- Maintain proper functioning of all equipment and tools.
- Detailed record keeping in English is required for logs and inspection sheets
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Ability to follow basic written and verbal directions, climb stairs and work on ladders up to 40 feet, push/pull up to 100 lbs., lift/carry up to 50 lbs., grasp, stoop, reach overhead if is necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 0-3 years of related experience
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- 3+ years or more of related experience
08:30 am - 05:00 pm
Applicants will work in the customer's facilities in Doral, FL.
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding locations as TSA/STA Certification will be needed.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs
Pay: $13 to $14/hour
benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance
Job Status: Full Time,Temp to Hire