Logistics Coordinator | Los Angeles, CA
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion's Logistics Division is in need of a Logistics Coordinator for a company located in Los Angeles, CA (zip 90250). Coordinate air/ ocean/export/import shipments and related activities in accordance with customer and/or forwarding agent requirements, and company objectives.
Job Requirements and responsibilities:
- Booking, documentation, costing, billing, filing, coordination, quoting, tracking and customer service.
- Arrange cargo transportation with all applicable parties.
- Plan and optimize shipment routes.
- Coordinate with customers, agents and vendors.
- Prepare, distribute or otherwise process all required documentation including AWB, BOLs, invoices, export declarations (EEI), import documentation, pre alerts, debit and credit notes and others, as required.
- Create and maintain detailed shipment files.
- Establish and/or maintain detailed customer-service profiles.
- Monitors shipments and always keep all parties informed of the shipment status .
- Ability to trouble shoot and work with programmers to communicate issues with operating system as it relates to the completion of Air / Ocean / Import / Export documentation.
- Knowledge of FMC AND NVOCC, rules and regulations.
- Good customer service and communication skills ability to build report with clients to win more freight forwarding opportunities.
- Team player able to work with warehouse operations to optimize receiving and shipping efficiencies.
- Ability to develop overseas agent relationships and customers.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years prior work experience in the logistics and transportation industry, preparing and processing international air and ocean shipments, in-transit shipments and/or inland-freight shipments.
- Associates degree, vocational training in a related field or a minimum of two years of college coursework preferred.
- US export-compliance training preferred.
- Air DG training preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Capacity for team work and willingness to assist others.
- Ability to display professionalism and courteousness at all times.
- Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Magaya preferred.
- ACE system knowledge preferred.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility located in Los Angeles, CA (zip 90250)
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $16 to $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time