Logistics Coordinator I Miami, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion's Logistics Division is looking for an Logistics Coordinator to work at a company located in the Miami, FL area. Coordinate air/ ocean/export/import shipments and related activities in accordance with customer and/or forwarding agent requirements, and company objectives
- Booking, documentation, costing, billing, filing, coordination, quoting, tracking and customer service.
- Arrange cargo transportation with all applicable parties.
- Plan and optimize shipment routes.
- Coordinate with customers, agents and vendors.
- Prepare, distribute or otherwise process all required documentation including AWB, BOLs, invoices, export declarations (EEI), import documentation, pre alerts, debit and credit notes and others, as required.
- Create and maintain detailed shipment files.
- Establish and/or maintain detailed customer-service profiles.
- Monitors shipments and always keep all parties informed of the shipment status .
- Ability to trouble shoot and work with programmers to communicate issues with operating system as it relates to the completion of Air / Ocean / Import / Export documentation.
- Knowledge of FMC AND NVOCC, rules and regulations.
- Good customer service and communication skills ability to build report with clients to win more freight forwarding opportunities.
- Team player able to work with warehouse operations to optimize receiving and shipping efficiencies.
- Ability to develop overseas agent relationships and customers.
Education & Work Experience Requirements / Skills:
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior work experience in the logistics and transportation industry, preparing and processing international air and ocean shipments, in-transit shipments and/or inland-freight shipments.
- Associates degree, vocational training in a related field or a minimum of two years of college coursework preferred.
- US export-compliance training preferred.
- Air DG training preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Capacity for team work and willingness to assist others.
- Ability to display professionalism and courteousness at all times.
- Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Magaya preferred.
- ACE system knowledge preferred.
- Air & Ocean Import & Export
Applicants will work in the customer's facility located at Miami, FL
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $40,000/year
Job Status: Full Time