Import Supervisor - New York JFK
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare, and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion is seeking for a Import Supervisor that directs and coordinates activities of import department, including break-bulk and customs brokerage to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, in additional to the duties and responsibilities of the import agent, when required for the efficiency and smooth running of the department. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, develops and implements organization policies and goals of the department.
- Under the direction of the branch manager, prepares directives to employees of the department outlining policy, program or operation changes to be implemented.
- Analyzes and organizes department operations and procedures such as personnel, filing systems, requisition of supplies and other clerical services.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow. Sees that the import billing is processed on a daily basis.
- Plans office layout for the department and implements cost reduction programs initiated by the branch manager. Prepares customer profiles, which may include special conditions negotiated with the approval of the branch
- Controls EPO's and makes necessary corrections.
- Prepares quotations for the network, local sales force and customers.
- Reviews clerical documents within the department to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness. Prepares import activity reports for the guidance of the branch manager.
- Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors of the department.
- Prepares entry papers from shipper's invoice in accordance with U.S. Customs Service regulations, and regulations of other federal agencies bearing on importation of goods such as Environmental Protection Agency and Food And Drug Administration.
- Files papers with Customs Service and arranges for payment of duties. Quotes duty rates on goods to be imported.
- Prepares papers for shippers desiring to appeal duty charges imposed by Customs Service.
- Provides for storage of imported goods and for transportation of imported goods from port to final destination.
Manages a total of 2-10 employees in the Import Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two to five years related experience and/or training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers
or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move items weighing up to 40-50 pounds and occasionally and/or move items weighing up to 75-100 pounds utilizing pallet jack. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility in New York, JFK, zip code 11434
Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding company
Pay: $60,000 to $65,000/year
Job Status: Full Time