About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare, and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is seeking for Import Manager for a global freight forwarding company. The Import Manager will be responsible to report to the President and key executives the activities of the Customs brokerage operations in the Monterey Park Branch. Will be responsible for setting policies, procedures and direction for a profitable and compliant brokerage program. Will also work with regional branches to develop a strong, knowledgeable, pro-active team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain properly trained managers and supervisors that will offer quality services.
- Close intervention with management and/or staff to resolve issues.
- Review and evaluate account profitability, performance and KPI's and establish plans to address any budgetary or operational shortfalls.
- Align the branch’s systems and processes with the company’s mission and to achieve the desired results for business growth.
- Plan and identify the appropriate resources (staffing, training, equipment, and systems) to ensure the delivery of quality services that meet and exceed the customer's expectations.
- Extensive knowledge of Customs brokerage industry required.
- Customs broker license required.
- A minimum of (10) years of management experience in Customs brokerage is required.
- Positive reviews from previous work experience and customers.
- Professional presentation / effective communication skills.
- Proven ability to maintain an excellent rapport with customers, staff and vendors.
- Understanding of and experience in financial management of a branch (P & L, balance sheet, forecasting, and budgets) required.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Report to, collaborate with and support the President and key executives.
- Increase sales with potential clients with goal of growth in business.
- Manage the branch in full compliance with U.S. government agencies.
- Establish relationships with steamship lines, agents, government agencies, docks, trucking companies and all other entities involved to achieve sustainable results.
- Involved with the creation and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Maintain comprehensive resource materials.
- Assist in the continual development of staff.
- Able to align staff, systems, and processes with the company’s goals of developing an accountable culture that will achieve the company’s desired results.
Supervision of others:
- Use proven and documented accountability and coaching methods on a continual basis to develop managers and supervisors and build an effective, cohesive team.
- Encourage the staff to learn as much as possible about our business.
- Motivate the staff to take pride in the company as part of a winning team that has the best interests of the company in mind.
- Lead by example.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility in the Los Angeles, FL area.
Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding company
Pay: $85,000 to $95,000/year
plus Health benefits and yearend bonus.
Job Status: Full Time