Import Coordinator | Doral, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions is looking for an Import Coordinator to work at a company located in the Doral, FL area. Receives inbound freight shipments from points of origin by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives freight, documentation and waybilling; assesses charges; and collects fees for shipments.
- Opens a file on the dedicated software system for each shipment received.
- Responds to inquiries by fax, e-mail or telephone.
- Negotiates with domestic customers, as intermediary for foreign customers, to resolve problems and arrive at mutual agreements.
- Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
- Contacts customs officials to effect release of incoming freight and resolve customs delays.
- Itemizes charges, prepares freight bills, accepts payments and issues refunds.
- Notifies consignees of delays in departure of shipment. Provides POD's to shippers if requested.
- Examines documents such as invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements, to verify conversion of merchandise weights or volumes into system used by other country.
- Converts foreign currency figures into United States monetary equivalents, or domestic currency into foreign equivalents.
- Calculates duties or tariffs to be paid on merchandise.
- Corresponds with foreign companies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Doral, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $22/hour
Job Status: Full Time