Import/ Break Bulk Agent
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion is seeking a Import/ Break Bulk Agent for a global freight forwarding company. This is a Direct-Hire position.
- Receive, review and process documentation for an assigned base of accounts, and process documents through the system.
- Obtain release and other government agency releases as appropriate, arranging receiving or delivery, and ensuring invoicing for services is completed accurately and within the timeframe consistent with the account and company policy.
- Process other duties required for compliant release and timely delivery and receipt of shipments after release including but not limited to OGA release, cargo delivery set-up, and client invoicing.
- Serve as single point of coordination between customers (internal and external), U.S. Customs and Border protection and other government agencies to ensure service commitments are achieved and maintained in accordance with client and company objectives.
- Perform initial reviews and advise supervisor of any problems or irregularities discovered within assigned transactions.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service by proactively informing clients of the status of their shipments using judgment and knowledge, referring more technical questions to the team leader or licensed broker for response.
- Coordinate the release of goods from the carrier or governmental agency examinations that may be required.
- Ensure customer profile information is entered and updated in the appropriate company system for any customers; prepares quotations, letters, and communications as directed.
- Reviews pre-alerts daily to determine whether freight is arriving as expected and documents are received within time standard specified.
- Actively pursue a better understanding of the process through self-study, as well as courses and seminars presented by approved sources.
- Improve understanding and knowledge of the established system, in both its basic and advanced features.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum 3 or 4 years of experience.
- Flexible attitude and the ability to adapt to changes readily.
- Excellent English is required.
- Computer skills is a plus.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Stellar organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
Applicants will work in the Doral, FL area
* Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing may be applicable.
* Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided
Pay: $18 to $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time