Global IT Portal Manager
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of a Global IT Portal Manager for a large International Freight Forwarding company. The Corporate Global Portal Manager manages and provides expertise in the global solutions and future development of the Company's Global Portal services, systems and solutions. The position will serve as representative within the company to establish, recommend and implement strategies and high-level priorities for the Company's Global Portal that are consistent with the Company's mission and goals. The Global Portal Manager will be expected to own the product roadmap for the Company portal product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall Management of the portal on a global basis
- Creation and management of the “rules of governance” of the portal
- Definition of and revisions of the data rules that make the Portal work
- Create and maintain a process for onboarding new countries
- Create and maintain a process for onboarding new customers
- Creation and management of a global portal team
- Customer Integration Specialist
- Global Area teams
- Help Desk
- Definition of the roles and responsibilities of each member of the team
- Assume management responsibilities for staff to include, but is not limited to, performance, reviews, job descriptions and all aspects of the day-to-day running of the department
- Develop and keep relevant the SOPs to ensure data quality in portal is managed efficiently by the global team
- Create and keep current audit processes & data quality check procedures
- Periodic instances where “check the checker” processes are enacted to ensure SOPs are being followed and correctly enacted
- Liaise with business
- Definition, creation and management of portal business units globally
- Set goals for these units
- Ensure global area teams liaise directly with these teams to ensure goals are bring met
- Long-term planning for future phases of portal
- Liaise with portal business units globally to determine short-, medium- and long-term direction of portal
- Maintenance of the Portal roadmap
- Coordinate & integrate new countries into portal
- Work with EMO countries and agents alike to bring them into Portal
- Use pre-defined processes to achieve this
- Liaise with overseas developers to ensure quality and timeliness of data
- Integration of customers into portal
- Identify key global customers and integrate them into portal; customers should be “integrated” not “connected” wherever possible
- Develop standard integration plans that look to include and many common customer “touchpoints” as possible
- Define key customer metrics and implement ways to measure customer integration success
- Drive higher global customer retention through integration
- Competitive analysis
- Develop ways to measure competition in the portal space and continually compare us to them
- Ensure that EMO Portal solutions are never the reason we lose or do not get a customer
- Define, set and manage expectations of portal with EMO management and customers
- Constantly look to redefine Portal, keep it relevant and strive to make it and keep it the #1 “GO TO” solution in Logistics
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization to achieve results, or work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work under time constraints using time management and organization skills, adjusting priorities based on workload or direction from management.
- Open-minded to continuous change, adaptability for growth.
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to generate error-free reports, charts, and graphs.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, in support of both external and internal customers, utilizing effective communication and follow-up skills.
- Work closely as member of Corporate Team with personnel in EMO countries around the world.
- Effective planning and organizational skills to schedule appointments appropriately and to meet reporting deadlines.
- Data Analysis/ Data Quality
- IT integration
- IT roadmapping
- IT maintenance
- Data rules
- College degree or minimum 5 years’ experience in International logistics
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Candidate must be legally eligible to work in the US.
Applicants will work in the JFK area preferred but can be in any gateway city (NY, Miami, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Dallas and Atlanta)
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding locations as TSA/STA Certification will be needed.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs
Pay: from $105,000/year
Job Status: Full Time