We are seeking a Freight Operators - Dispatcher with industry knowledge and the drive to succeed.
- Extensive knowledge of industry tools such as DAT, ITS, PCM, Etc.
- Must have a complete understanding of: Dry Van, Flatbed, LTL, and Intermodal modes of transportation including the basic ancillary knowledge specific to each.
- Must have a strong knowledge of rates and rate fluctuations based on time of year by mode.
- A book of active Carriers that is currently being used.
- Must adhere to corporate policies as they relate to Carrier usage
- Must be willing to master our TMS system
- Develop and maintain and active book of active carriers
- Improve and maximize gross profit margins through negotiations with carriers
- Department of Defense knowledge is a plus
- Support the Sales team as needed on sales calls
- Responsible for covering all assigned loads and updating the TMS system with timely check calls.
- Responsible for setting all required pickup and delivery appointments.
- Effectively communicate with Carriers, and staff at shipping and receiving locations.
- Resolve all carrier disputes that may arise.
- Must communicate effectively with the admin support team.
- Must be able to use MS office products
- Must be a good communicator
- Must be a self-motivated individual that will jump in and help out in other areas as needed
- Job isn’t limited to the items listed above.
Job Status: Full Time