Freight Ocean Sales/ Business Development location Miami, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of a Freight Ocean Sales/ Business Development to develop international sales both in Imports and Exports freight forwarding while implementing and achieving clear market goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routes outbound ocean freight shipments.
- Builds, maintains and manages account relationships through constant contract and advocacy.
- Manages inbound unsolicited prospect calls and converts them to sales.
- Makes outbound follow-up calls to existing and potential customers via phone and email to pursue quality business opportunities.
- Develops a strong sales pipeline through lead generation, prospecting and networking.
- Sells freight brokerage services to business or individuals. Expedites the movement of freight to help fulfill the shipper’s transportation requirements.
- Utilizes the available tools and resources to solicit orders from established clients and/or acquire new clients.
- Secures, manages, and maintains client accounts. Quotes competitive rates, creates relationships with internal and external clients and responds to their requests in a timely manner.
- Reaches and exceeds targeted monthly Gross Profit goals through business development.
- Collaborates with Logistics Account Managers to determine strategic sales approaches.
- Emphasizes product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discusses credit terms and prepares sales forms.
- Performs various general office functions including but not limited to creating and maintaining sales lead folders, data entry, telephone/communication skills and provides customer service to both our internal and external clients.
- Actively participates in sales and technology learning activities.
- Assumes ownership of building the business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Should have a portfolio of clients as following clients.
- Highly developed organizational and people skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive business relationships.
- Ability to obtain and in-depth understanding of the diverse needs of each client.
- Requires the ability to effectively cold call, negotiate rates, solve problems.
- Proven ability to process and close deals while maintaining quotas.
- Demonstrates ability to balance multiple duties concurrently and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication with the ability to adapt and work within a team environment.
- Superior communication skills, verbal and written.
- Able to work flexible hours when required.
Applicants will work in the customer's facilities in Miami, FL.
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding locations as TSA/STA Certification will be needed.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs
Pay: $85,000 to $90,000/year
Job Status: Full Time