Freight Forwarding Branch Manager | Atlanta, GA
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of Freight Forwarding Branch Manager for a large freight forwarding company in Atlanta, GA. The Branch Manager's main goal is to increase the sales/business development and improve the customer service function of the branch. He/she will travel to assigned territories to secure new business and deep sell existing customer base and is responsible for the growth of local sales for his/her branch. The Branch Manager will also oversee all staff and be responsible for day to day operational activities at the branch location. The individual will be reporting directly to the CEO and be responsible for the P&L of the branch. The candidate will increase productivity while maintaining the highest levels of customer service and accuracy to internal/external customers.
· Responsible for all sales and business development duties including calling on accounts to increase revenue and profit
· Responsible for managing and growing local sales, deep selling current local customer base
· Responsible for selling logistics solutions to customers
· Maintain CRM per company policy
· Responsible for creating new business through contact with prospective customers in the assigned market
· Responsible for selling new services to new and existing customers
· Responsible for identifying market trends and competitive rate actions and communicating those trends to the Product Group
· Responsible for identifying the competitive service strengths and weaknesses of the company and making recommendations to constantly improve
· Responsible for reviewing and reporting monthly performance
· Responsible for understanding pricing and cost components
· Responsible for other duties including: sales presentations, writing sales proposing, implementation, creating and adding to existing marketing materials
· Responsible for managing the customer support/service function to external customers
· Responsible for all functions and operations at the branch
· Responsible for credit management of customers
· Exercises the authority to hire, discipline, reward, or discharge employees
· Responsible for yearly performance appraisals for staff
· Manages all personnel in branch location
· Exercises discretion and independent judgment on a regular basis to monitor Branch performance
· Responsible for branch P&L and end-to-end service of branch customers
· Supports collections effort
· Responsible for continuous improvement of sales and service processes with key internal stakeholders
· Responsible for training staff on customer service and requirements
· Performs other responsibilities and completes tasks as directed by Area management
· Directs annual budget preparation for Branch/District location; Setting, evaluating, and meeting and/or exceeding performance targets
· Establishes, monitors, and revises policies, procedures, and service standards for station operations; Directs and ensures compliance with established corporate policies, procedures, and standards in accordance with government regulations.
Education and work experience requirements/ skills:
· 5+ years of management experience required in a sales/customer service role, preferably in Freight Forwarding or 3PL
· Experience in industry with sales and business development required
· Ocean and Air freight sales experience highly preferred
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience highly preferred
· Experience with writing professional sales proposals and standard operation procedures highly preferred
· Excellent customer service skills
· Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
· Ability to work under time pressures
· Ability and experience in managing others and prioritizing work
· Ability to train and instruct others on how to perform tasks
· Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Comfortable using metrics to manage staff and drive improvements
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) German and Mandarin a plus
· Ops Experience
· Commercial experience
· Strong Finance skills (Budget, P&L)
· Sales Experience (a must)
· Comes from Freight industry
· Must have Europe influence
Applicants will work in the customer's facilities in Atlanta, GA.
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding locations as TSA/STA Certification will be needed.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs
Pay: $100,000 to $110,000/year
Job Status: Full Time