Forklift Operators with Ocean Container experience
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare, and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion is seeking Forklift Operators for a large company that provides international freight forwarding services. These are Temp-to-Hire positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Safely and properly unload and load a trailer of product, verify the load for accuracy and stage for put away.
- Provide labor and effort to assist in the accurate and timely receipt of goods, consolidation of warehoused goods, and replenishment of pick locations as well as other necessary warehouse functions.
- Conduct proper put away of goods in the warehouse ensuring safety and proper rack utilization.
- Meet individual productivity and accuracy standards as identified through Labor Management (LM) metrics.
- Required to safely operate material handling equipment (MHE) to include forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, reach trucks.
- Assist in the process of putting away returned product from previous day’s deliveries.
- Performs cleaning and maintenance duties as directed.
- Assist in physical inventories and cycle counting as directed.
- Observes safe product handling techniques. Cooperates with management and peers alike. Is punctual and consistently available for work.
- Interact with associates during the hand-off from shift to shift. Frequently will have interaction with delivery personnel, and the early morning receiving crew.
- Pick and pack orders using label picking, ring scanners, voice directed picking or paper picket tickets.
- Performs various other duties, as assigned.
- Must have experience working for a freight forwarding company.
- Must have experience loading ocean containers and doing consolidations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months related experience, preferably one year warehouse experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read a limited number of 2 & 3 syllable words & to recognize similarities and differences, between words & between series of numbers. Ability to print & speak simple sentences.
Other Requirements - Tools & Technology:
- Required to obtain certification and safely operate material handling equipment (MHE) to include forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, reach trucks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - primarily located within a 15 mile radius of Doral/Miami, FL
Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding locations as TSA/STA Certification will be needed.
Pay: $13.50 to $14/hour
Job Status: Contract/Temporary, Temp to Hire