Financial Reporting Manager
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions is looking for a Financial Reporting Manager for a big manufacturer and distribution company located in the Doral, FL area.
A Financial Reporting Manager directs the month-end close and accounting reporting consolidation for the Latin America region. Lead the design and implementation of SAP as well as procedures involving Accounts Payable, Invoicing, Balance Sheet Accounts, Taxes and Audits to ensure SOX compliance.
- Associate must conduct all business and affairs in compliance with all laws and regulations, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the company's Applied Code of Conduct, and in accordance with the highest ethical standards.
- Ensure accurate monthly, quarterly and annually accounting and tax reporting. Review the Balance Sheet and monthly P&L and make the necessary adjustments in order for the Financial Statements to reflect the economic reality of the business in accordance with the US GAAP and the company's Applied Accounting Policies.
- Assure accuracy of statutory and management books and timely consolidation and upload into Hyperion.
US GAAP, Sox & Daikin Applied Policies
- Keep books in accordance with the company's Applied, Statutory, US GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Verify accounting transactions are properly reflected into the general ledger. Review and approve journal entries booked at country level and coordinate and provide support on transition towards SAP.
- Responsible to supervise all the Balance Sheet Accounts reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Evaluation of financial and operational internal controls over use of resources and safeguarding of corporate assets. Ensure proper segregation of duties exist at the country level.
- Analyze expense variances between actual and budget using the financial reporting system
- Business performance: Analyze expense variances between actual and budget using the financial reporting system (Hyperion) in order to ensure significant fluctuation occur and be able to take proper action to prevent them and supply consultation to executive level management in an effort to improve business operations and guide the implementation of audit recommendations.
Academic qualifications / degree & relevant prior experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA highly desirable
- Minimum 7 years financial accounting and 3 years in a managerial role
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Spanish.
- International accounting experience required. US GAAP knowledge a must
- Ability to work under pressure
- Masters degree in Finance or Accounting a plus
- Travel 25% to Latin America region
Key strengths / personal attributes for the role:
- Expert in Excel
- US GAAP Expert
- Local accounting GAAP country levels a plus
- Analytical skills
- Strong experience at least one ERP system, preferably SAP.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in the Miami, FL area.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $115,000/year
Job Status: Full Time