Export Manager | New Jersey
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of an Export Manager to work at the New Jersey area. Directs and coordinates activities of Export Department and the warehouse, to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees. Manages a total of 2-10 employees in the department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Plans, develops and implements organization policies and goals of the Export Department and warehouse.
- Under the direction of the branch manager, prepares directives to employees of the department outlining policy, program or operation changes to be implemented.
- Analyzes and organizes department operations and procedures such as personnel, filing systems, requisition of supplies and other clerical services
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow. Sees that the export billing is processed on a daily basis.
- Prepares customer profiles, which may include special conditions negotiated with the approval of the branch manager.
- Reviews CASS statements and makes necessary corrections. Approves the CASS payment in a timely manner. Negotiates tariffs with airlines, which in turn are reported to the branch manager.
- Prepares quotations for the network, local sales force and customers.
- Controls EPO's including any necessary corrections.
- Plans office layout for the department and implements cost reduction programs initiated by the branch manager. Reviews clerical records within the department to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepares air and ocean export activity reports for the guidance of the branch manager. Prepares all applicable reports related to warehouse activity.
- Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors of the department.
Qualifications and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two to five years related experience and/or training
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certification in the handling of hazardous materials.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items weighing between 25 and 50 pounds, and occasionally lift or move items weighing between 50 and 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility in New Jersey (Hasbrouck Heights- 07604)
Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs
Job Status: Full Time